- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees.
- In a stand mixer or food processor, mix all ingredients until
smooth dough forms and no longer sticks to the side of the bowl.
- Roll out on a lightly flour surface to 1/4 inch thickness and use
a cookie cutter to cut into desired shape.
- Place shapes on an ungreased baking sheet and prick the
surface of the dough with a fork to prevent air bubbles from
forming while baking.
- Bake 15-25 minutes (less for smaller/thinner shapes, more for
larger/ thicker shapes) or until edges start to lightly brown.
- Let cool before decorating. Can be left plain or glazed, iced, or
drizzled with chocolate.