Treats and Tunes to Help Capture the Holiday Spirit!
Our team has pulled together some of our favorite holiday recipes to help expand your go-to holiday recipes! Enjoy trying something new and tune into our Holidays With Heart playlist on Spotify to really jump start your holiday spirit!
— Eliza —
Add a bit of holiday magic to the dessert table with this recipe for Magic Cookie Bars.
Change up your holiday cheers by toasting with a glass of Coquito or “Eggnog’s Sassy Cousin!”
Coquito Recipe Ingredients
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (1 15 oz can) cream of coconut (like Coco Lopez)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup Don Q Rum
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
— Amanda —
With so many options for toppings and recipes tThere are many options with different herbs, nuts, and fruits so everyone can find one they like. It’s so easy but looks fancy!
Baked Brie and Pomegranate
- 1 (8 ounce) brie wheel, chilled
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- Honey, for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt, optional
- Toasted baguette or crackers, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the brie onto the baking sheet and bake 8 minutes, or until soft in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and top with pomegranate arils, pistachios, rosemary, and a generous drizzle of honey. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices or crackers.
— Claudia —
Holiday baking made easy, peasy, lemon crinkle cookie! Check out his delicious (and simple!) lemon crinkle cookie recipe.
— Liz —
Sugar and spice makes everything nice… especially in this Cranberry Orange Tart! Recipe below.
Cranberry Orange Tart
(Adapted from NYT Cooking)
- 12 oz/340g cranberries
- 1 cup/225g sugar
- Peel of one orange (no pith)
- Juice of one orange, ~½ cup
- 4oz/113g/1 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- Simmer cranberries, sugar, orange juice and peel in a saucepan over medium heat until cranberries have popped and softened, about 10 minutes.
- Puree the mixture with an immersion blender and press through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Whisk the butter into the warm liquid.
- Beat the eggs and yolks in a bowl slightly. Slowly whisk in some of the warm cranberry liquid to temper then combine both and whisk together.
- Return the mixture to the pot and cook over low heat until nearly bubbling and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- If using for a tart, pour into the cooled, pre-baked tart shell and smooth with a spatula. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes to set the curd then cool on a rack. Store at room temp for up to 2 days.
(Adapted from Blossom to Stem)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup(1 stick/113 grams) unsalted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Melt butter and stir in the vanilla and zest.
- Pour into dry ingredients and combine until thoroughly incorporated.
- Press the dough into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom and prick across with fork.
- Bake on a baking sheet approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Still looking for the perfect gift for your loved one? Shop our local vendor Holiday Gift Guide to shop small and explore local vendors around the city! Enjoy special promo codes with participating vendors!
~~ Happy Holidays, from the Real Estate With Heart Team! ~~